Golf is often analogized to life because of the many similarities. Surely there are some great quotes out there that we can all "spout off about knowing" on the tip of our tongue. However, after some intense research and scrutiny, this crack team at Off the Fringe feels we have selected the ten most outstanding golf quotes of all time ... that not everyone has heard!
- Ben Hogan — As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.
- Lee Trevino — I am not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes they would have come up sliced.
- Harry Tofcano — I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them.
- Winston Churchill — Golf is a game whose aim it is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
- Anonymous — Real golfers don't cry when they line up their fourth putt.
- Jack Benny — Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful partner ... and you can keep the clubs and the fresh air.
- Gardner Dickinson — They say that life is a lot like golf — don't believe them. Golf is a lot more complicated.
- Bobby Jones — Sometimes the game of golf is just too difficult.
- Steve Ballesteros — I'd like to see the fairways more narrow. Then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me.
- Tommy Bolt — Always throw your clubs ahead of you. That way you don't have to waste energy going back to pick them up.
Do you know some not-so-famous quotes? Click here
to post your favorites and see others you can use at next week's golf outing.